Our support to the Philippines focuses on research to make its agricultural products more productive, marketable and internationally competitive, and to protect the rural poor from climate change.
The ACIAR country strategy aligns with the Australia aid program, focusing on agribusiness, horticulture, impact assessment, social sciences, and soil and land management. In doing so, we work with the Philippine Government to promote prosperity, reduce poverty, and enhance stability, and to help respond to the Philippines’ agricultural research and development priorities.
- Making horticultural products more competitive in the market.
- Ensuring competitive and sustainable fisheries and aquaculture.
- Managing land and water resources for profitable and sustainable agriculture.
- Improving returns from low-input livestock production systems.
- Mitigating the effects of climate change on the rural poor.
- Increasing adoption of technology, through understanding and addressing constraints and extension with poor indigenous households in the southern Philippines.