This project aims to intitiate the groundwork for an open, scientifically informed and participatory foresight for food exercise in the Eastern Gangetic (EGP) region, led by regional scientists and other stakeholders including policy-makers, the private sector and farmers.
- Create and collate the knowledge base and a core team of local partners as a basis from which to undertake ‘foresight for food’ exercises in the EGP to facilitate sustainable intensification of agriculture in the region.
- Develop an improved understanding of the food system in the EGP region using a Food-Energy-Water nexus lens.
- Identify drivers of change in the key components of the food system and the risks and uncertainties in future.
- Bring together relevant reports, datasets and other information to support a scientific foresight analysis.
- To help create a Community of Practice to support foresight and scenario analysis