Partners magazine 2021 Issue 2
ACIAR has always invested in research beyond the three main staples of wheat, maize and rice. In this International Year of Fruits and Vegetables, it is timely to highlight our research in horticulture.
Horticultural crops are garnering more attention given the increasing global interest in nutrition security, as distinct from just ensuring that we are producing enough calories.
This issue features our work developing the citrus industry in the Pacific region, and on nutrition-sensitive agriculture—ensuring that agricultural research helps to deliver more nutritious diets. We also feature our long-term horticultural research partner the World Vegetable Center and our new Food Loss Research Program with Canada's IDRC.
In this edition:
- Fresh produce research for better health, livelihoods
- Changing lives with African indigenous vegetables
- Linking agriculture with better nutrition
- Commercial citrus a ‘game changer’ in the Pacific region
- New Food Loss Research Program launched
- Good Agricultural Practice programs secure farm-to-plate safety
- Serving up healthy veggies where they’re needed most
- Mangoes lead to fruitful career
- Modernising horticulture inspires legislative change in Pakistan
Would you like to receive Partners magazine in your inbox? Subscribe now