Partners magazine 2020 Issue 1
This issue of Partners magazine focuses on on globalising agrifood chains and examines how ACIAR-funded research is providing healthy, nutritious and safe food for smallholder farmers while developing more sustainable and resilient food systems.
Feature articles cover the supply of accredited safe vegetables by smallholder indigenous farmers in northwest Vietnam, the progress of the International Mungbean Improvement Network in Myanmar, and how innovation platforms are bringing farmers together to improve milk and honey production and access to markets in Africa.
International Agricultural Research Commissioner Dr Sasha Courville shares her insights into the value of engaging with the private sector on shared value projects that address development challenges and social issues profitably. This edition also includes profiles on Dr Segenet Kelemu, one of the newest members of the Policy Advisory Council, and Dr Sandra Heaney-Mustafa, who has been working to improve the water and irrigation management skills of Pakistani farmers through work supported by ACIAR.
ACIAR’s capacity building program congratulates the inaugural cohort of Meryl Williams Fellowship participants and reminds our readers that applications for the John Allwright Fellowship are now open.
In this issue:
- From the CEO
- Learning the language of leadership
- Accredited ‘safe’ vegetables help Vietnamese farmers earn more
- Sprouting a new market through mungbean research
- Dr Sasha Courville: The private sector can help solve development challenges
- Innovation platforms sweeten milk and honey value chains
- UN-honoured scientist guides ACIAR
- Collaborative approach to water learning yields significant rewards
- A common faith: help others to help themselves
- Private sector engagement adds spice to value chain
- Regional roundup
- ACIAR fellowships
Download your free edition and subscribe to receive Partners magazine.