Project final report
Towards more profitable and sustainable vegetable-based farming systems in north-western Vietnam and Australia - final report
The aim of this SRA bridging project was to develop background information and a proposal for a multi-program Agribusiness (AGB) and Soil Management Crop Nutrition (SMCN) project that will enhance the profitability and sustainability of vegetable-based farming systems in NW Vietnam.
- To undertake a preliminary market assessment of indigenous and conventional vegetables in Hanoi
- To characterise the key geographic, agronomic, socio-economic and market situation, issues, constraints and opportunities for vegetable-based farming systems in NW Vietnam
- To evaluate soil management and crop nutrition challenges and opportunities and develop a research strategy for increasing the productivity and sustainability of these farming systems
- To develop a complementary research program that addresses key NSW research priorities for leafy vegetables and provides research expertise and support to the Vietnamese component
- To develop a proposal aimed at enhancing the profitability and sustainability of vegetable-based farming systems in NW Vietnam