This project will consolidate the knowledge and outputs from projects SMCN/2014/049 and LPS/2015/037 to support the transfer and ownership of information to next users to support scaling and impact.
The project will provide information through dialogues or other forums to key provincial and national government agencies in Vietnam and Laos with the aim of influencing the enabling policy environment to support improved and sustainable land management and livestock productivity in northwest Vietnam and northern Laos.
Project activities and expected outcomes
- Farming System modelling to assess economic incorporation of crops, fruit trees and livestock with ground cover (e.g., Rice Bean) and fodder (e.g. Guinea Grass).
- Capacity-building and scaling of integrated agronomic management of agricultural systems on slopping lands (Lao only).
- Assessment of soil N contribution and soil condition change under Rice Bean and/or Centrosema. Cross-border training on sustainable beef and fruit production.
- Formulating outreach models and identifying potential implementers in the future project.
- Policy Brief on farming system models: intensified and diversified maize-based model, beef cattle-based, and fruit-based models.