This project aimed to contribute to economic growth in the Philippines through increased income and improved livelihoods of tropical fruit growers in southern Philippines. Comprising 6 components, the Program had the purpose of improving the smallholder and industry profitability and export competitiveness of selected tropical fruits industries in the southern Philippines. The primary audience for the outcomes of this Program were medium to large scale commercial fruit growers and farmers predominantly in the regions of Leyte (VIII), northern Mindanao/Cagayan de Oro (X) and southern Mindanao/Davao (XI).
- Component 1 - Analysis of the constraints to selected tropical fruit (papaya) supply chains and implementation of improved quality systems for the southern Philippines and Australia.
- Component 2 - Integrated management of Phytophthora diseases of durian and jackfruit in the southern Philippines.
- Component 3 - Integrated crop management strategies for productive, profitable and sustainable production of high quality papaya fruit in the southern Philippines and Australia.
- Component 4 - Improved and sustainable value chains for mango production in the southern Philippines and Australia.
- Component 5 - Economic impacts of new technologies and policy constraints in the production of fruit in the southern Philippines and Australia.
- Component 6 - Program Management.
View the project page