Partners magazine 2020 Issue 4
This issue of Partners magazine is the first under our new Commission for International Agricultural Research, which was recently selected by the Minister for Foreign Affairs, Senator the Honourable Marise Payne, and includes an introductory article on the newly appointed Commission Chair, Fiona Simson.
In this final issue of Partners Magazine for 2020, we explore innovation in agriculture. The diversity of examples illustrated in this issue demonstrates that innovation is not just a fancy widget or smartphone app. You can have innovation in partnership and governance models. You can also have innovation in a supply chain organisation. There’s a rich diversity of innovation across the ACIAR portfolio. Sometimes there will be a commercialisation pathway, and sometimes there will be a market chain, policy or regulatory pathway.
In this edition:
- Boomerang research provides benefits back home
- Defining innovation to focus on impact
- Controlling fish sex nets industry boon
- Forestry innovations branch out
- Fiona Simson: being a good neighbour is a win-win
- Cultivating Africa’s Future Fund: innovation through partnership
- Connecting the dots improves digital farm services
- ‘Micro’ mechanisation rolled out
Would you like to receive Partners magazine in your inbox? Subscribe now