Our support to India focuses on a regional collaborative approach involving neighbouring countries with shared issues and opportunities. Our key research programs focus on crops and water and climate.
The ACIAR country strategy remains committed to the management of agricultural water, sustainable intensification and diversification of cropping systems, breeding improved varieties of crops and assisted policy development for farmers' livelihoods and climate change.
- Continuing sustainable intensification with a nutrition framework.
- Strengthening the diversification into new dry season crops.
- Improving the the role of biotechnology for higher nutritive value feed oil enriched crops.
- Creating new mechanisation opportunities including farm robotics.
- Introducing the next phase of mungbean breeding for high yielding varieties
- Monitoring groundwater management (over and under exploitation)
- Continuing co-investment and trilateral collaboration