Partners magazine 2020 Issue 3
This issue of Partners explores ACIAR-supported research that is building resilience—to COVID-19 and to other existing and emerging risks.
This issue digs deeper into other animal and plant diseases including African swine fever and wheat blast, and pests like fall armyworm. All loom as threats to food security and tackling them has become both more difficult and more urgent due to COVID-19.
We also look at how ACIAR has supported partners during difficult times and in challenging contexts.
Two projects—one current and one concluded—describe research activities in conflict-vulnerable regions of the Philippines and Iraq.
Catherine Marriott reflects on her six-year tenure with the Commission of International Agricultural Research and we illustrate how hands-on research can continue when the ability to travel pauses.
In this edition:
- From conflict to LIFE
- COVID-19 response aims for food systems resilience
- People power forges new Myanmar supply chain
- Catherine Marriott: elevating women in leadership
- Wheat blast researchers striving to gain upper hand in Bangladesh
- Zero-till project leaves legacy in Iraq
- Two threats highlighted in the shadow of COVID-19
- Doing hands-on research when you can’t travel
- Alumni to boost pandemic-resilient agriculture
Download your free edition and subscribe to Partners magazine