Our support to Bangladesh focuses on a farming systems approach supporting broader food security aspects, improved production and diversification of the rice-based farming systems and adaptation to climate change.
The ACIAR country strategy is aligned to Australia's aid program in the areas of natural resource management, improving trade connectivity and encouraging investments to empower women to participate in cross-regional trade opportunities.
- Improving crops with a focus on wheat, maize and pulses.
- Improving farming systems with a focus on cropping systems and diversification.
- Increasing water management with a focus on managing both quantity (scarcity, groundwater and waterlogging) and quality (salinity).
- Improving soil fertility and soil management.
- Increasing markets, diversification and agricultural value chains.