Our support to the Pacific focuses on reducing poverty and improving livelihoods in agriculture, forestry and fisheries with Fiji, Kiribati, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Soloman Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu and Timor-Leste.
The ACIAR regional strategy focuses on projects in biosecurity, climate resilient livelihoods, and opportunities for stronger agribusiness development in fisheries, forestry, crops and soil and land management. Read more about our Papua New Guinea Country Office.
- Improving food and nutritional security due to the high prevalence of nutrition-related diseases.
- Understanding and addressing the impacts of climate change on food systems resilience and livelihood security.
- Strengthening regional biosecurity through trade protocols and individual and institutional capacity.
- Enabling inter-country collaboration through regional projects, capacity building, and supporting a stronger forum for exchange of ideas and experiences.
- Implementing a long-term capacity building program targeted at building skills in the sciences related to agriculture.